These choc-rum balls are one of my ‘go to’ recipes for a dessert or bite sized snack. It meets all my requirements for baking – easy to make, not too many ingredients, super tasty + mourish and actually doesn’t require any baking. They make a perfect treat for Christmas entertaining, I think it’s the coconut, it makes you think of snow.
- 1 pack of Marie biscuits (Arnotts)
- 395g Condensed milk
- 2 Tsp of Coco powder
- 1 cup of Coconut
- Shot of Rum or Baileys (recipe can be made without + with young kids I usually opt for without)
- Crumb pack of biscuits and place in a large bowl (I do this by placing a 1/4 of the pack into a glad bag and hitting/rolling biscuits with a rolling pin until crumbed, repeat until all biscuits are crumbs).
- Add coco powder and stir through biscuits.
- Add condensed milk, rum and 1/2 cup of coconut.
- Combine mixture with spoon.
- Sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of coconut into a bowl/plate.
- Roll mixture into 2cm balls and place 5-6 balls in bowl of coconut, cover ball with coconut.
- Continue step 6 until all mixture is gone.
- Store all balls in an air tight container in fridge.
- Makes 30+ balls.
Enjoy these bite sized treats after the main meal.
Credit images | CC for seekdarelove