This is one of my easiest, go to, fail safe recipes (which is a common theme with my cooking!). Roasting the pumpkin + adding ginger/garlic makes this soup extra vibrant, fragrant and tasty. I love that it is only a 2 dish dinner – roasting dish + blender. Making it also an easy prep and clean up. A perfect Autumn/Winter soup!
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- De-seed pumpkin, peel and quarter potatoes.
- Place pumpkin and potatoes in oven proof dish, drizzle with olive oil and bake in oven for 45-60mins or until roasted (note – pumpkin should be soft).
- Scoop out pumpkin from skin with a spoon and place pumpkin pulp and potatoes into a blender. Add garlic, ginger and 1 cup of water blend on medium until combined.
- Pour into cups/bowls. Garnish with cream + pepper (or parmesan + parsley). Serve with fresh bread.
Warm, filling and super easy. That’s my kind of meal!
Credit images: CC for seekdarelove