Nothing quite beats a home filled with the aroma of freshly baked scones and freshly poured tea (or if you are an addict like me, brewing coffee)! This really is the easiest and quickest mixture to whip up, so why not surprise mum this Mother’s Day with morning or afternoon tea and these scrumptious homemade scones?
- Preheat the oven at 220°C. Lightly grease a baking tray (I used a cake tray).
- Place flour, sugar and pinch of salt into a mixing bowl. Add the cream and lemonade and stir.
- Turn mixture onto a floured workbench and knead lightly until combined. Press the dough into a thickness of about 2cm.
- Use a circle cookie cutter (mine is 5cm wide) and cut out scones in dough. Keep moulding dough until you have cut all dough.
- Glaze the top of scones with milk.
- Bake 10-15mins, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with jam + cream (I used strawberry jam + dollop cream, no whipping involved).
What could be more easier + tasty than that!
Credit images: CC for seekdarelove